Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I am alive!





Can't believe how long it's been since an update.... of course there has been a bit of art in the last 5 months but I have decided to start with the most recent creation and work my way back to April as time permits.

This is a journal I have made for a one-on-one Monthly swap - I took at class a little while back on the coptic binding method and this book was created using that method of binding. I have also handpainted all the pages (some pages are watercolour paper, and others are tags, recycled music and book pages). The gal I created this for likes purple and since it's also one of my favourite colours decided to create the book in this colour.

6 comments:

Gaby Bee said...

My first impression was "WOW", this is fantastic. Beautifully done! Love your color choices!

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ANNETTE HUSBAND said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi Gaye
sorry to contact you here but we have had a new mother board put in the computer and I lost all my contacts.I'm so sorry to here you too lost a family member....I'm not good at keeping up with blogs so I hadn't realized your brother had died.My deapest sympathies to you.I do remember you saying he wasn't well.Like my sister he was way too young.Thankyou for your kind words about my sister Robbie too.I'm copping better this week and think I shall just get in and get inky tomorrow :o)
hugs
Annette

Jacky said...

Beautiful journal...I've always wanted to learn coptic binding (maybe something to put on my list for next year).


Jacky xox

janita mantel said...

beatiful